Friday, August 26, 2011

Prologue: A Decade of Friendship

This is my friend Kerry.  
We've been friends since the 3rd grade.  Yes Kerry, you're allowed to applaud my math skills because I am aware that we have actually been friends for 14 years.  Lucky for you I like to title my posts euphemistically, therefore sacrificing some exact facts.  

Kerry is moving to a land far away, well still the U.S., but she will be a plane ride away as of tomorrow.  I think for all of us who know and therefore love Kerry this is a happy and sad move for us and her.  While I know she'll be an amazing asset to her new company, that doesn't mean that I want her leave.  

When I first met Kerry in the 3rd grade I remember thinking how lucky I was to be assigned to a table alongside her.  Not only because her genius expanded well beyond math(don't worry my eyes never wandered to your spelling tests, well, at least not often), but because I could tell from our first few encounters that she truly was one of the nicest, brightest, and most sincere people I had met until that point and the same holds true to this day.  I've always felt so lucky to have her as such a dear friend.  And while she's leaving good ole' New England for a new adventure in a far off land, I know that we'll be life long friends.  And for that I thank you, Kerry.  Thank you for being the best friend to myself and to all of our friends.  Safe travels, and please, come home soon!

And now I will take you on a walk back in time.  Buckle up because my god we were good looking.  

12
Still wondering why we never had those middle school BF's.
13
Cheers to middle school dances.  Thank you for making me still consider outrageously curly updo's to be synonymous with school dances.
14
Clearly we hadn't made many friends yet seeing as I am doubling as center piece and photographer.
15
Yet again left to wonder why we never landed us some fella's.  
16
Hip-hip-hooray.  I will now introduce my lovely little group of friends, you probably recognize some of them from here or possibly here: (left-right) Sarah P, Emily, KERRY, Ally, Jessica, and well, hopefully you know her.
17
Prom.  Lucky for us as soon as we all got our hair did and fresh duds on it began to rain.  Thank you, Mother Nature.  I will never forget.  Oh and let's not forget to introduce my lovely friend, Erin.  Remember her?
18
A trip to our Huskies!  At least for us non-huskies, Em, Myself, and Sarah Peezee.  Please note the frame hanging on the wall behind us.  We're not narcissists, I swear.  Well, maybe a little.
19
A trip to WNEC.  We're quite good at trips in case you can't tell.  Must be our undying love for one another or the fact that we're allowed to act like this together.  
20
Ahh, and yet another school year visit.  And yes, we do look this good all of the time.  
21
Jessica's 21st.  Clearly a candid, but seriously.  We must've been so overwhelmed with our love for one another or perhaps it was the grown-up apple juice.  Nothing but the best for these classy gals. 
22
Seeing as we obviously do not photo document enough of our lives, we decided to have a photo shoot, highlighting not only how adorable we look in coordinating outfits, but to celebrate what will probably be our last summer together in our little town we call home.  

Happy Travels, to my sweet friend, Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment