Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scallop Gratin

My sister recently told me about this dish who heard about it from here.  It sounded easy and delicious, two very important things when I tackle a new dish.  Within the past couple of years I've really taken to cooking, but I am still learning, so when I have a foreign, but successful dish I'm easily excited.  Joel and I count this as a success (Even if it wasn't true, which it is, I do feel completely comfortable putting words in his mouth, just an fyi).

I paired the dish with sautéed spinach and sprinkled leftover prosciutto on top as a side dish.
And voila, scallop gratin!

IMG_1939 by sarah.l.bourbeau


1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
at room temperature
1 large garlic clove minced
1 small shallot minced

1/2 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto minced
1 tablespoon minced parsley

1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons panko
bread crumbs
2 tablespoon dry white wine

1/2 pound fresh scallops

2 comments: