Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Update: Lofts for Less

I was a busy little bee this weekend.  Friday my day consisted of getting my oil changed, a much needed haircut, constructing our new desk, and hosting friends for dinner that.  Saturday Joel and I went to visit my sister and brother in-law.  She and I got to shop the streets of Cambridge while the boys enjoyed beers nearby.  Sounds about right.  Annnddd, I finally feel as though our loft in our apartment is complete.  

Below are some before and after pictures of this quaint, but slightly awkward space.  Every apartment in our building has a loft, which is both great and not so great.  It's very appealing to have a second living area that can be home to the less feminine household items, such as Joel's 3 guitars and amp.  While I love Joel's passion for music, it does come with quite the assortment of tools.  The loft, or as Joel prefers to call it, "the studio" has always felt a little unfinished and hodge podgey to me.  While Joel's convinced I like to change things after only a weeks time (not true by the way), I was was only doing that because I felt that the room was unfinished.  With the lovely addition of our new desk, which was Joel's idea, and a little TLC I think this room has finally come together and I couldn't be happier!

The best part, we didn't have to break the bank to make the small, but much needed improvements.  The desk was on price cut at Target for the weekend, each pillow featured above is from the lovely home section of T.J. Maxx (I truly am a maxxinista), and most knick-knacks were either Homegoods purchases or hand-me downs from my mom or Joel's.  

Before
After

2 comments:

  1. Love Joel's artfully posed copy of Prep down below, and all his colorful stationery on the desktop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know Joel. He loves his stationary.

    ReplyDelete